The Xenia Downtown Revitalization Committee (XDRC) – a group of dedicated community volunteers, business owners, nonprofit organizations, and City personnel working together for the future of downtown – is hosting a Community meeting to update the public on accomplishments of 2011 and seek input and volunteers for 2012.
Over the past year, XDRC has been working closely with the City of Xenia to improve our downtown. Among the accomplishments of this Public/Private partnership:
1. Adding the popular Historic Walking Tour to First Fridays
2. Increasing participation in Xenia’s Hometown Christmas with a new Window Decorating Contest
3. Installing new signs and maps downtown to help the public locate businesses, parking, and attractions
4. Creating a new marketing plan for downtown, to be rolled out in 2012
5. Engaging building owners in a discussion about affordable ways to make improvements in downtown properties
6. Encouraging new businesses to locate downtown and working to retain existing businesses.
If you think these achievements are a good start, show your support and help keep the momentum going by attending this community meeting on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 6:00 —7:30 p.m. in thr First Floor Community Room at the Xenia Community Library (76 E. Market Street, Xenia, OH 45385).